Monday, September 20, 2010

Selamat Datang ke Malaysia!

When we departed Dubai it was Mughraib. When we landed it was Fajir, it almost felt like I never stopped fasting that day. It was still dark when we arrived, so I couldn't see an aerial view of Kuala Lumpur (KL). But by the time we went through customs, got our bags, grabbed a taxi, it was light out and I saw the stark difference between Dubai and KL.

Malaysia is so lush and tropical, its really amazing. I have never seen a place so green. The variety of flora is incredible, its so dense its almost jungle like. I didn't realize how much I had missed seeing plant life after being in Dubai only three weeks! It rained the entire first day.  And when I heard the sound of thunder and rain falling, I was so happy. You don't realize there are sounds that you are use to hearing and bring comfort to you. The familiarity of a rain shower was so nice after being in the desert.

We stayed at the Royale Chulan in downtown KL. It was a fabulous hotel. Maybe its my inner child, but I LOVE staying in hotels. Its just my thing. This place was great. Clean rooms, great amenities, and this crazy Malaysian breakfast buffet, which I'll blog about by itself. It deserves its own post.



The view from outside my window was amazing. I could see the Patronas Towers, which were the worlds tallest buildings from 1998-2004.


 After we checked in  and I was able to settle down, I slept like a log till Mughraib. For Iftar we went ate at the authentic Malaysian dinner buffet set up by the Hotel, it was crazy. I can't wait to tell you about it....

1 comment:

  1. Heehee airplane shots are my favorite. It looks like a little teeny tiny model city :)

    ReplyDelete