Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Up, up, and away!

This May I graduated college. With the job market in little need of people with liberal arts degrees as well as being burnt out from 16 consecutive years of schooling, I decided to take a break. I've allotted the next 4 months for traveling abroad. Most of my travels will be in Dubai, UAE. I have smaller trips planned. There is so much to be seen, heard, and tasted. I only hope I can capture it all and share it with you. I'll try to write as often and as vividly as possible. I'm still new to this whole blogging bit, so you'll have to excuse me.

I arrived in Dubai two days ago and the jet lag is crazy to say the least. I sleep all day and I stay awake all night. Its not all that bad seeing how its 110 with the most intense heat at only 9 in the morning. Going out isn't an option. Dubai is a night town. After sundown the town becomes alive. Even shopping malls stay open till midnight. My outings have been minimal but enjoyable. I hope when my sleep schedule becomes normal and can function more clearly Ill embark on all of the things Dubai has to offer.

Till then, enjoy this video. I captured it on my very first morning. These two cats were having  a standoff and making these scary noises. It sounded like a child whining or crying. Creepy

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf3BHTsreLo

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about this blog! Thanks for dong this. It's one thing to hear about someone's stay at the end of the trip but a whole different experience when you walk us through it (with pictures)!

    Samya

    ReplyDelete